Learning Entrepreneurship and thus fighting the causes of flight:
our USP, our strength, our success!
- More than 200 young people became entrepreneurially active in 10 schools with 7 business models
- More than 220,000€ were generated and given by them
- 85,000€ could be raised in addition to donations
- 10,000 families at 14 community schools in the Nairobi slum were directly supported, and indirectly, all future generations
- Our projects create hope and self-efficacy and stabilize economic structures
- We have
- bought a school property
- paid for meals, rents and salaries
- created 4 school gardens
- successfully introduced 3 regional currencies
- installed toilets and school furniture
- 6 interactive art and encounter projects were conducted in the slum
- 8 groups of our underage Nyendo students lived in the slums without an adult
- Our ongoing local and global networking has broken through ghettoization and stigmatization
In 2005, Irmgard Wutte became the first white person in the Kangemi slum. Meanwhile, friends from all over the world come and go there. This is how we write history!
Prizes and nominations …
During the Nyendo pilot phase at the Rudolf Steiner School Ismaning between 2005 and 2008, the Nyendo students participated in tenders and won prizes. They suggested Irmgard Wutte for the taz Panter Prize.
… nyendo.lernen hand in hand UG
Since 2018, we also participate officially as nyendo.lernen hand in hand UG in competitions and tenders:
Hidden Movers Award 2018
Sparda Bank Values Ambassador 2018
The nyendo.lernen hand in hand UG succeeded in being accepted into the promotion there by a voting in the context of the donation contest “Values Ambassadors” of the Sparda Bank Munich. Around 5,500 users took part in the on-line vote.